- 1 METHODS OF INSTALLING PS4 FIRMWARE
- 2 HOW DO I MANUALLY REINSTALL THE PS4 SYSTEM SOFTWARE USING SAFE MODE? [USING PC]
- 3 HOW TO INSTALL PS4 FIRMWARE AUTOMATICALLY IN REST MODE?
- 4 SOME COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When Sony releases the new version of firmware in the market, most of the users get eager to install the new update. The new update brings new features which reduce the bugs, errors and many other issues in the PS4 system. There are many recent version with free of bugs and errors available to run the firmware you need to install it first.
The latest version of firmware brings a lot of features such as new gaming mode, new lobby and makes games smoother than lag-free. The new update brings more strong network connectivity system by improving the older features. It has also added more remote control features with more comparable to another device. The system firmware also improves the performance of the console.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING PS4 FIRMWARE
There are many ways to install the firmware in Play Station 4. Each method requires separate things to perform the update. Before beginning with the methods we would like to mention some requirement. Make sure you have the following things to perform the system update.
- USB: You need the USB to update PS4 firmware. The USB should be free of space and minimum requirement of memory size is more than 8GB.
- Fast internet connection: Fast internet connection is required to download the firmware of the console. Make sure you have broadband fibre connection which gives speed between 1MBPS to 5 MBPS bandwidth.
- PC: Yes the computer requires to install the firmware from the manual method of installing firmware from Pc. The minimum pc requirement for the procedure is intel i3 core.
- DUALSHOCK: Dual Shock controller helps to control the system options, it helps to select and okay and cancelling the process. It helps to control the entire mode.
METHODS OF INSTALLING PS4 FIRMWARE
There are many methods to install the system software of the Play Station console. All the methods and instructions are 100% legit and also help you to install the firmware without any problem or errors. Before getting started make sure you have all the required things that are mentioned earlier.
HOW DO I MANUALLY REINSTALL THE PS4 SYSTEM SOFTWARE USING SAFE MODE? [USING PC]
Here are the reinstallation requirements before reinstalling ps4 firmware, check out once.
- Download PS4 System Software update
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder on the FAT32 USB named “PS4”. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Visit the system software page and select the ‘Reinstall system software’ section. Download the installation file and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file as “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Ensure that the “PS4” folder is at the root of the USB storage device, and not contained in another folder:
- USB (D:) > PS4 > UPDATE.
- connect a DS4 controller (using a USB cable) and the USB drive to the PS4 system.
- Start the PS4 system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 7 “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)”.
- Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK].
Once the System software is installed successfully, restart the console.
HOW TO INSTALL PS4 FIRMWARE AUTOMATICALLY IN REST MODE?
The most amazing features of play station console are that it automatically downloads the system and other games updates. This automatically downloading update is enabled by default when the play station console is in rest mode. This is the most amazing, faster and easy method to download and install the recent version of Play station 4 because it automatically downloads the system and reduces the time of file zipping and making external device bootable.
To check if this setting is enabled, go to [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode], and make sure there is a checkmark next to the following settings:
- Stay Connected to the Internet.
- Enable Turning On PS4™ from Network.
- With these settings enabled, all you have to do is leave your PS4™ in rest mode when you are not using it, and the update will download as soon as it is available.
- To enter rest mode, press and hold the PlayStation button while the system is on, then select [Enter Rest Mode], and press the X button.
- Your system should now be installed to the latest software version and you may continue to enjoy the full range of PS4™ products and services.
Hope this method will perfectly work on your device. Follow all the method wisely and turn yourself into a home-professional developer. How to install firmware in PS4 will help you to install and reduce all the possible risks while performing the procedures.
SOME COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. HOW DO I REINSTALL MY PS4 FIRMWARE?
You can reinstall your PS4 Firmware by downloading your PS4 firmware and installing it in safe mode. Follow these steps to reinstall Ps4 in your firmware:
- At first, create a backup file in external storage media
- Copy & Paste Download firmware in USB
- Head to Safe Mode and boot
- Choose Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) on your PS4.
2. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE PS4 FIRMWARE?
Yes, it is possible to downgrade PS4 firmware but its risky. As the security patch is outdated anyone can penetrate and break into your system. Most of the bugs and glitches are fixed in the latest patch so better to use the latest version.
3. HOW DO I CHECK MY PS4 FIRMWARE?
You can check the system version by going to [Settings] > [System] > [System Information] screen.
4. WHAT IS THE LATEST VERSION OF PS4?
The Latest version of ps4 system software is 7.50.